Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Only Thing About Me Is The Way I Walk


"I can't dance!" exclaimed Fill Collins to find one line later that the only thing about him is the way he walks. This is what some Brno people discovered yesterday - the way they walk.

Before coming here the very basic information I was provided about Brno was this - Brno has the best public transport. What a simple tough of most favorite kind. Is there anything better than a facilitating tool in the cruel everyday life?
No.
Calculating and organizing the very single minute of the day become so essential for the modern normal responsible man that his mind is absolutely blow out when something unpredictable broke into the perfect matrix. You might think that the snow was surprising, but come on… Such a things as vagaries of weather can not disturb everyday human activities, let alone the mind. (I mean on some places there are earthquakes and hurricanes.) The topic of the day, and of today, probably also of tomorrow and of the next week, till it becomes a myth, is the breakdown of the trams. Brno people on the stops were waiting and waiting, some could see a few trams, stuck in a line, not moving… Stories for awful delays of 45 minutes and more are whispering around the city… And never mind the new pope (Habemus Papam) is not black, obviously The Apocalypse was just about to happen in this late afternoon hours in South Moravia, in Brno. 
Photo by Pavel Beran

What I find really interesting is that The Apocalypse could be at least somehow by someone avoided with walking the endless 150 meters between two tram stops. Probably there are people who did it and I am very sad I did not hear for them. Because I really want to know for some usual walk from point A (hypothetical – home) to point B (hypothetical – university) then for some unusual tram blockage on Česká. For those who did not have the chance to notice trough the tram window yesterday was a lovely winter day! It was not so cold, it was smoothly snowing and the snow was perfect for satisfying people with imagination! I heard something for fight between A1 and A2 in the dorms – the only time I regret a little bit that I moved out. 

Photo by Pavel Beran

The surprise had a few clear messages for me: be surprised but not inarticulate; touch the snow; keep not using the public transport. Shortly -  the only thing about me is the way I walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment