Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Dear Balkans, I love you

If I should write a letter to the Balkans right now at this moment it would be the shortest, the simplest and the most sincere letter that one is able to write.

Dear Balkans,
I love you.  

This is the most controversial and illogical love I will ever feel. So I give myself to her completely. I do not expect understanding and compassion. I just want to show you one of the countless reasons for this ruinous love of mine. This link will lead you to the photo contest “Balkans in your eyes” (“Балканите през твоя поглед“, mine translation). The organizers of the contest are Club Balcanica and their on line magazine VIA BALCANICA. Club Balcanica is an independent student interests club in Sofia, Bulgaria, involved in Balkan history, culture and politics.

The photos with the biggest number of "Likes" in the competition will be published in the magazine. I invite you to take a look. A look could be more important variable.
Some of the photos are made by people during their trips others are a single glance at home. But all of the moments are captured by the eyes of the lover to the beloved.

Sincerely yours,
Balkan mad man

Young and old Balkans, by Yordanka Georgieva
Osogovo Monastery in Macedonia, by Vladislava Ninova-Evtimova


Istanbul, by Vladislava Ninova-Evtimova
"Orchestra for Weddings and Funerals" in Bitola, Macedonia, by Ivan Tabakov

No comments:

Post a Comment