Monday, March 11, 2013

"Erasmus roads can lead You everywhere, even to the places You didn't expected."

Justyna is the first person with whom I managed to lost myself in Brno. She trusted unconditionally in me and as a result, we arrived 40 minutes later for the introductory presentation. I can only wish you such a short and pleasant accident. Mysterious are the ways of fate - few months later Justyna's words for her Erasmus time inspired me for this interviews. She is already at her home in Poland after one semester in Masaryk University in Brno. Here is how she sees the things form the distance of geography and time.


In Prague. 



If your Erasmus time was a chocolate, what kind of chocolate it would be? Why? 
Milka chocolate dessert - it's definitely taste of my erasmus! I didn't try this chocolate before but now it's absolutely my favourite one :) Actually I think erasmus time was like a kind of dessert for me - I had to go through some difficulties during the months before erasmus, I didn't even know if I'll finally go to Brno or not. So I think this time was a kind of a prize or as I said, kind of dessert for me - just like this delicoius chocolate ;) 

How long is the Erasmus night? 
Erasmus night is a special kind of night. Only You decide how long it'll be. You have so many options to choose and You never know what could happen, when Your night'll end. My the best erasmus nights ended early in the morning - sometimes I almost saw sunrise ;) I was tired because of lack of sleep but happy.

What was the cliché that appeared to be true about Erasmus? 
For example stories about easy-way of studying during the erasmus program. For me (and in my opinion, for the majority of erasmus students) it was one of the easiest semesters and examination sessions ever. But of course not every student has life like that during the erasmus, it depends on what do You study. I study law-in my home university I really have to study a lot to pass all exams, during the erasmus it was a piece of cake. 

The most important thing(s) you’ve learned is/are... 
It's very hard to choose the most important thing I've learned - I really think it was a very beneficial time in my life. But in my opinion the most important things I've learned are things about myself - it's just priceless. I really think that after erasmus I know myself better than before and because of that I'm more self confident. Now I also know it's not worth to be worried about changes, it's worth to take a risk, make brave decissions - because we can gain inavluable experience - and it create ourselves, our personality, finally - our future.

What was the biggest surprise in your Erasmus?
Actually every day was like a surprise! Almost every day I woke up without any plan - but during the day I always found something really interesting to do. I did so many things for the first time, I met people from (almost) every part of the world. Almost every day gave me unexpected, unforgettable experiences and memories. Almost every day was like a challenge. Of course I heard that erasmus time will change my life but I didn't think that it can change my life completly! It's not the same me after erasmus. I think in different way. I look at the world in different way. I have other plans for my life that I had before. It's cool but also so surprising for me. In one of the posts in Sara's blog I found a quotation "The biggest surprise for me was me" - it's just perfect to desrcibe my feeling as well.

Do you want to change something in your Erasmus experience? Why?
No, it was even better than I expected.

What is the speed of the Erasmus roads?
The speed is high during the evenings and nights, but a little bit slower during the days, especially during the mornings after high-speed nights ;)

Where are leading the Erasmus roads?
Erasmus roads can lead You everywhere, even to the places You didn't expected. So live every moment, try to use this time the best You can, take a risk - and check what erasmus has for You, where erasmus roads can lead You.

Say something to the future Erasmus travelers.
Be open minded :) Live every moment, smile to the others, travel, do things You've never done - it's so unique time in Your life, don't waste the time :) Because nothing can ever happen twice!!!



Have you ever regret for the decision to undertake this adventure?
Definitelly not. Of course, sometimes I had some difficult, sad moments - but I think that it's normal when people who are important for You are far away. But no, I've never regret. I think if I stayed at home and didn't try erasmus adventure I would regret it for the rest of my life. 


What do you want to ask other Erasmus students?
Maybe some of You regret that You took part in erasmus program?if yes-why?

No comments:

Post a Comment