Monday, March 25, 2013

"Only an Erasmus student can understand other Erasmus student."

I just returned from a presentation about the pop culture in my country. The feeling is strange. Strange because I almost was at home for two hours but with the flow of different times, perspectives and spheres. The feeling is intoxicating. Intoxicating because I feel like I am telling a hard for believing exotic fairytale that everybody want to hear. 

I found this fairytale here in Brno with Bojan. His Erasmus ended a year ago but he didn't return immediately in Croatia and stayed a little bit more. Life is unpredictable and the personal life even more. I had the chance to hear for what Erasmus should be - the way I had imagined it and the way it overcomes this imagination. Bojan's stories took me home. Mine Erasmus got into another direction, but I felt all the crazy, illogical, emotional and sarcastic Balkans with him. 

We miss you, Bojan :) 


If your Erasmus time was a chocolate, what kind of chocolate it would be? Why?
It would be that one with M&M’s inside. Erasmus would be chocolate and all the people I have met would be M&M’s, all in different colors, every single person special in their own way and everything together tastes so good!

How long is the Erasmus night?
Erasmus night? Hmmm, depends on how long have I slept during the day. And which day of the week it was.


What was the cliché that appeared to be true about Erasmus?
Nobody studies, Spaniards are loud and post-Erasmus depression. Had lots of trouble with that last one :)

The most important thing(s) you’ve learned is/are...
There is couple of things, but some precious things would be more accepting the difference between cultures and people. Also, I discovered so much about myself, it is not everything about Erasmus experience, you learn about yourself, your potential and personality, some parts that you wouldn’t discover in other circumstances.


What was the biggest surprise in your Erasmus?
Surprise would be learning that lots stereotypes are true, and that everybody can have fun with people from Balkan!

Do you want to change something in your Erasmus experience? Why?
No actually, I think everything went well. Ok, maybe I would study a bit more, seriously, it is not a joke! :)

What is the speed of the Erasmus roads?
Warp speed of fun baby!

Where are leading the Erasmus roads?
I think for everybody is different so I can’t give any precise answer. But more happiness and nice experience and memories in your life that could be really useful in your life.


Say something to the future Erasmus travelers.
Go for it, don’t regret anything, just be yourself because this is once in a lifetime, cherish all the moments you spend with those people and you can make a friend for a life, and hey, be nice to people, and you’ll have a home in every part of the world!

Have you ever regret for the decision to undertake this adventure?
To make this one short – NEVER!

What do you want to ask other Erasmus students?
Actually nothing, I am an Erasmus student so I know all the answers. :) Only an Erasmus student can understand other Erasmus student.

No comments:

Post a Comment